Who is Oni
Oni is a tiny web design and development agency. It is basically a single developer (me), plus the occasional collaborator.
Previously, I used the nickname “Griden”, but since it was attached to a business I subsequently sold to another company, a “rebranding” was needed.
Only the relevant ones, of course. Stripped off any sort of modesty:
- I ran a very successful premium WordPress theme shop under the AlienWP brand.
- I authored some of the most popular WordPress themes on wordpress.org – namely Oxygen, Hatch, Origin, and Ascetica. Each one of them spent quite a while in the “Featured” category in the official repository. And each one of them was picked and adapted by Automattic (the company behind WordPress) for their WordPress.COM service.
- I was a member of wordpress.org’s Theme Review Team for a while.
- I am a Certified Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer and until 2008 I worked on ERP implementations in large companies, before switching to the web.
After selling the theme shop, I’ve built a number of other web projects, including a video games price comparison app. And I even dabbled in game development.
I learned basically everything I know about WordPress development from Justin Tadlock.
Design was my main interest when I switched my professional interest to the web and I studied it from classic design books like Emil Ruder‘s “Typographie“, Jack Hamm‘s “Drawing Scenery” and top designers like Mark Boulton.
This website is built with Elementor Pro. I was in a hurry and intended to redo it later, but it has stuck for over a year… I am not entirely happy with the excessive HTML and the extra scripts, but I’ve managed to squeeze it enough to load the homepage in just 2 secs. Plus, using it was a pleasure as it allowed me to focus entirely on the visuals and not the code.
I am currently helping other business owners to achieve online success via exquisite design, efficient functionality, and search engine optimization.
I am quite competent in the following:
- WordPress Development – websites, themes, and plugins.
- E-Commerce websites, based on WooCommerce or Magento (limited experience in the latter).
- Backend Development – custom web applications with Django.
- DevOps – I have experience implementing complex CD/CI solutions with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, and Git.
- SEO – I run several side projects that depend on organic traffic so I am constantly interested and well-informed about the current best search engine optimization practices.
If you have a project in mind, please feel free to get in touch!